Riker Hill Art Park
Riker Hill Park is occasionally used for special stargazing events in cooperation with Essex County Parks Dept.*
Riker Hill Art Park is located off Beaufort Ave. in Livingston. It has no street address but you can use 284 Beaufort Ave. Click here for a map.
FROM THE EAST
- Take the NJ Turnpike to Exit 15W or Garden State Parkway to Exit 145
- Take Route 280 West to Exit 4A
- Take Eisenhower Parkway south for about a mile.
- At the top of the hill you will see a restaurant on your right. Right after the restaurant & the top of the hill immediately make a sharp left onto Beaufort Ave.
- Bear right to continue on Beaufort. A few blocks down make a left at the sign for Riker Hill Art Park.
- Go straight at the stop sign. Keep to the right at the fork in the road.
- Telescopes will be set up in the field on your right at the very top of the hill.
Note: If you pass the left turn for Beaufort Ave., you'll end up at the other end of Beaufort Ave. at the bottom of the hill and some of these directions will be backwards!
FROM THE WEST
- Take Route 80 to Route 280.
- Route 280 East to Exit 4A.
- Take Eisenhower Parkway south and follow directions above.
Note: If you're coming up Eisenhower Parkway Northbound, Beaufort Ave. is on the right and the entrance to Riker Hill Park is on your right, but the sign at the park entrance is almost impossible to see from that direction.
*Note: Our use of the park is by permit only. At other times the park is closed from 10 PM to dawn. Failure to comply with park ordinances may result in a written summons and/or fines up to $1,000.